Tuesday, July 23, 2013

So, why start a blog anyway?

     At first I thought "no way, everyone and their dog has a blog, I don't need to become one of those girls." But alas, here I am. Writing my very first blog post. I guess the reason I wanted to start a blog was to document all the fun, all the adventure, and sometimes all the trials I have in life. A little bit about myself: My name is Lindsey, I'm a Mormon, I'm a future missionary, and I love adventure.
     I was called as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to the Arizona Mesa mission. I leave in September. I'll be writing plenty about how I'm preparing for this big adventure on this blog.
     I attended one semester at BYU-Idaho last year, then came home to do mission prep. Even though I only lived there for 4 months, I fell in love with Rexburg and would gladly go back!
     I am a health fanatic. I love to exercise (I am majoring in Exercise Physiology) and learn about nutrition. Though you can often find me chowing down on a whole batch of chocolate chip cookies or a big bowl of ice cream, I really do love nutrition and finding the best healthy recipes. I can assure you I will post plenty of recipes on this blog, healthy and otherwise.

     Well, I hope this has been a satisfactory first-post. Feel free to follow me on Pinterest (just search Lindsey Sparhawk) where I pin obsessively. You can also follow me on Twitter (@LindseySparhawk) as well, although I don't tweet all that often.

     Thanks for reading, and come back for posts that will inspire you, make you laugh, make you think, and maybe change your mind completely. :)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment